The Oasis of the Little Warriors of Light
To keep the human spirit alive, we must keep its origins alive within the hearts and spirits of children.
An evolutionary center where art and spirituality come together to create the perfect environment in which every child can grow in harmony with the universe and its laws.
The Oasis of the Warrior of Light was created to give life and value to the entire spiritual path that humanity has undertaken, humanity understood as all that wealth of experiences and lessons that have prepared and stimulated it towards a new dimension, a connected dimension to the spirit through awareness.
We want to create a space where children can internalize this richness within their own life in a conscious way.
A place where you can learn the secret synergistic world and the healing power of plants, art and spirituality. Being able to know one’s inner world and knowing how to harmonize it with the world around it in the fullness of one’s awareness.
An Oasis where the teachers are present only to invite students to fall in love with the various activities and stimulate their curiosity through programs designed and created according to the needs of each child and families who are attracted to this vision of life.
The Oasis is a place of peace, mutual respect and sharing where you can find yourself and love for the world around us.
The Oasis is not only a very ambitious and limitless project, but a road that has a HEART !!
Show the wisdom of humanity to each student so that he can bring the Light in every choice and be able to improve the world – starting from himself.
Where the Oasis is located
Our Molticultural Oasis is located in Dindefelo, a village located in the hinterland of Senegal on the border with Mali and Guinea Conakry.
The small Oasis is being born at the foot of a mountain, inside the forest, near a large waterfall.
An Oasis open to Volunteers and Families
This Oasis is open to Volunteers and Families, but also to people interested in living an experience within an eco-sustainable world in harmony with art and spirituality.
How our project was born
This project began in 2018 during the making of a documentary on Senegal, which allowed us to get in touch with the village of Dindefelo. At the end of the documentary we returned to Europe with the thought of wanting to do something in that magical village and in 2021 we returned and put the first seed by purchasing 12 Djembé through a fundraiser made between friends and relatives. This initiative has given birth to dance and music along the paths throughout the village.
The energy of these children surprised us to such an extent that it gave us the idea of creating a special place! A real Oasis of life, not only for the children of the village of Dindefelo and the surrounding villages, but also for children from all over the world who want to live unique and educational experiences in a place full of Life and Energy.
In the eyes of the children of the Dindefelo village, we saw the light that cleared our path. Our call has become so strong that we have decided to listen to it and act in harmony with our heart
The videos we made for the birth of the project
The subjects and teaching methods
The subjects that will be taught will be:
– Music (traditional of Africa; Blues; Raggae)
– Dance (traditional of Africa; Capoeira, BreakDance, HipHop and Contemporary)
– Herbal and therapeutic naturopathy (massages of different homeopathic techniques and philosophies)
– Spirituality according to different cultures (Chinese, Tibetan, Indian, Greek, South American)
– Agriculture according to the methods of permaculture and synergistic agriculture;
Each subject will be taught so that children can be free to attend and participate in the teachings according to their own interest. Within each subject there will be total freedom of expression and experimentation. Our goal is to make children fall in love with the activities that they themselves choose to live and create new styles, new thoughts and new methods through their own imagination.
– Music: Children will have at their complete disposal a room full of musical instruments where they can practice their favorite instrument at any time of day. The music masters will be at their disposal to feed them every desire to know.
– Dance: Children will have a tree-lined open space with a sound box where they can experience all kinds of dance. The teacher will be present only to show the different styles (Contemporary – HipHop – Capoeira – BreakDance), but each child will be invited to create their own.
– Herbal and therapeutic naturopathy: the philosophy and the spiritual connection that this type of arts possess with Nature will be taught first of all. The techniques that will be taught will be predominantly oriental, however including the knowledge of all the civilizations of the traditional world so that children can learn and develop their own way of caring for and caring for others.
– Disengo, Sculpture, Ceramics: Children will have a room from which they can take everything they need to draw, practice sculpture on wood and stone, and be able to work learning the art of transformation starting from the earth to make vases, dishes , tools etc. The teacher will be at their disposal to guide them in learning how to use the tools, giving them all the space they need to best express their imagination.
– Philosophy; Meditation; Spirituality: These subjects will be taught during the time of sunset at a certain point in the forest. The art of meditation will be taught and this will be connected to the world of Spirituality and Philosophy. Moreover, through a projector, documentaries shot in different parts of the world dealing with these subjects will be shown.
– Agriculture: The teacher will show various methods deriving from permacultra and synergistic agriculture, explaining to the students the intrinsic way of plants. Each student will have his own small garden where he can grow the plants he prefers, experimenting with the most fascinating methods he values. The proceeds from his garden will bring it to his family.
– Languages-Theater: languages will be taught during the theater workshops where each show will be prepared in different languages.
The steps of our project
Fundraising starts from 1st July! From that moment on, the entire Staff of Vento Maestrale is committed to publicizing the project through shows, photographic exhibitions, projections of our ducumentary on Senegal with an exhibition of the project and propaganda.
Purchase of material
During the month of September we will take care of purchasing all the material needed for the realization of the Oasis in all its parts: musical instruments; tools necessary to carry out all the ertistic materials, including those of craftsmanship; plumbing and electrical system (solar) for the entire structure; water system for agriculture; gardening tools; 12 large and comfortable tent cities that will initially replace the structures of the school under construction.
These things will be purchased in Europe for a cheaper price quality quest than in Senegal because these materials are more expensive in Africa than in Europe and often do not enjoy good quality.
Journey to Senegal
During the month of October we will prepare our vans to face the long journey and, once all the logging of the material has been arranged, off we go !!!
With us we would always have the cameras ready to capture every magical moment in order to be able to transmit, through our social networks, the adventure of this journey !!!
We will leave from Porto Torres (Sardinia) to disembark the next day in Barcelona (Spain). We will head south through the hinterland of Spain, stopping to rest in the most natural and suggestive places of the territories we will cross. In less than a week we will be in the Strait of Gibraltar ready to take the ferry that will take us to the gates of Mother Africa in Morocco.
Once we have landed in Morocco we will continue southwards passing from the hinterland to cross the entire country in its innermost areas, up to Mauritania. This last country we will cross along the coast to experience and transmit the beauty of the immense beaches that join the Sahara with the Ocean.
After Mauritania we will arrive in Senegal where for the first 300 km we will travel along the coast and then turn towards the hinterland and head straight towards the region of Kedougou where our destination is located: the Dindefelo village.
Along the way we will rely on the flow, on our instincts and on the people we will meet.
Arrival in the Dindefelo villages
We plan to arrive in the Dindefelo village in early December. Upon our arrival we will have a meeting with the village chief and his family to declare our success in the mission collected, and be able to begin the construction of the Oasis structure.
In the first few days there will be various parties with the children of the village where you can show all the musical instruments and take the opportunity to play and dance!
Once the van and all the collected material have been arranged, we will carry out all the bureaucratic part to buy the land, we will create the group of people who will want to work in the construction of the school and we will start its realization.
The structures will be built according to the traditional methods of the area in total respect for the environment and nature. Therefore the houses and halls will be made of clay and thatched roofs.
The manpower for the construction of the structures and systems will be carried out by the staff of Vento Maestrale, by the volunteers who will take part in the project and by the inhabitants of the Dindefelo village.
– 2 Wells
– 1 structure of shared bathrooms and showers
– 5 houses for resident teachers and workers
– 2 houses to host external teachers that we will host to organize workshops
– 5 small houses to accommodate families
– 3 small houses to accommodate volunteers
– 3 sheds where lessons can be held during the rainy period;
– 2 after-use tool huts.
Starting up the Oasis
The Oasis of the little warriors of light will open its activities to families starting from January 2023 …
If you want to help us in this project with a donation or come as a volunteer or with your family, do not hesitate to contact us !!!
WatsApp: 0039 333 9403342