from 15 to 25 November 2020
Afro dance; String instruments; Djembee; Afro song
10 days of WORKSHOP in Senegal in a village called Cafountine located in the Casamance queens
Arm yourself with a tent, sleeping bag and lots of energy to face a journey that will lead you to live an intense artistic experience.
We will spend 10 intense days in which each of us will be able to freely participate in WORKSHOPS of Afro Dance, string instruments, Djembee and Afro singing with the best Senegalese artists in the village. We will live and practice inside a small and rustic campsite surrounded by a forest located in front of the sea. Inside the campsite there is a refreshment point where you can eat all together, hammocks in the trees, and many open spaces where you can meditate, play and dance during the day.
Near the campsite, a 15-minute walk, there is the center of the village full of life. Craftsmen who carve wood for works of art and musical instruments, a market where the genuine typical foods of the area are sold, small and rustic restaurants that prepare Senegalese dishes, tailors who produce colorful clothing, fishermen who prepare nets for fishing the next day and much more.
Next to the small campsite, along the beach, there is an intense and large fishing community (click here to see the video we made on Cafountine fishermen).
– In the morning at 08:00 a healthy breakfast with fruit, vegetables and dried fruit is made available. From 9:00 to 10:30 we will do the muscle awakening on the beach together with Kikidabà (a typical African workout based solely and exclusively on the weight of your body to develop strength and speed elasticity).
– We will spend the rest of the morning exploring and discovering the life of the village, the markets, the art of the artisans, the businesses of the fishermen and whatever you gave our attention to.
– At 1pm we will all gather together to eat the typical Senegalese dishes prepared by Minki and Marimiscel.
– After a good siesta, the workshops will begin at 16:00:
– 16:00 / 17:30 Djembe together with Kikidabà; String instruments together with Samba; Canto Afro together with Marì Miscel.
– 17:30 / 19:00 Afro dance together with Bintu.
The participation fee is € 1200 and includes the workshops, tent pitch, breakfast, lunch and dinner.
The meeting point will be the Dakar airport.
Interested parties can contact us by e-mail or watsApp for more info.
0039 333 9403342